Wednesday, February 07, 2007

For my Faith and Critical Reason class, we have to opprotunity to take part in a service-learning initiative in lieu of writing several formal papers. I chose to volunteer at the Momentum soup kitchen, right across the street from Fordham LC's campus, in St. Paul's Church. This particular outreach serves low-income and homeless members of the local community suffering from HIV/AIDS. Today was my first time volunteering there. Though housed in a church, Momentum has no religious affiliation, or so they say. Despite this, really I felt led to choose this location for my volunteer work. I do it in faith, that it will bear good fruit. Regardless, it will be an imensely interesting and enlightinging experience, to say the least. Oh, and I get to wear a soda jerk hat. Nifty, huh?

No comments: