Sunday, November 04, 2007

It's Sunday Mornin', Y'all...

I'm not sure why I haven't written about this yet, but about four weeks ago, I found a new church. It's pretty nifty, and very small (not that I'm not used to small.) NYC Church (creative, I know) is a fledgling church, founded as an offshoot of another church in Portland, Oregon. Essentially, the pastor had had a heart for the the city, and recently felt that God was calling him to plant a church in the Battery Park area. (Yes, I go to church right next to Ground Zero.) So, he and his young family, and a bunch of others that felt called from that church uprooted from Portland, and moved to New York.
It's been pretty good so far, and it's been encouraging to get to know and fellowship with other believers. I've really felt welcome there, which is something I cannot say about some of the other churches I have visited here.
Ironically, we don't have our own building, and meet in a movie theatre. And yes, we have to set up and tear down the sound system each week. Oh, and there's coffee and donuts EVERY Sunday. Ha, ha.

1 comment:

Laura Stammberger said...

I'm so glad you have found a place you're feeling comfortable in. I'm still floating myself. The last couple of weeks I've been going to a Charismatic Episcopal church. Almost sounds like an oxymoron, doesn't it?

Does anyone actually live in the Battery Park area? I thought it is all office buildings