Saturday, November 11, 2006

The girl at the cash register: That'll be $2.21.
Me: How much was it? $1.21?
The girl at the cash register: No, I said $2.21.
Me: Mmmmm, I'm pretty sure the sign said that the Red Bull is $.99.
The girl at the cash register: No, Red Bull is $1.99.
Me: But the sign was marked $.99.
The girl at the cash register: Snicker. Red Bull for $.99? Where on the can does it say that?
Me: The sign on the shelf said Red Bull for $.99.
The girl at the cash register: Sigh. (Calls for manager)
(To manager): How much is this?
Manager: That's $1.99.
Me: That's okay. I think I'll pass. Oh, and you may want to change your sign, so other people aren't confused.
Manager: What? You don't want nothing?
Me (on my way out): No thanks!

Bait and switch? Over my dead body. They may be New Yorkers, but my grandmother's Inez. M. Petty.

No comments: